one of us: VFX Compositor
16 June 2017
Closing Date: 1 July 2017
One Of Us is looking for Mid and Senior level VFX Compositors to join the team and work on upcoming Film and TV projects. Positions will be starting in June/July.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tackling the Compositing of shots effectively.
- Briefing junior compositors when dividing shots into tasks (e.g. rotoscoping).
- Teaching more Junior Compositors skills and techniques.
- Delivering final shots that are creative and technically excellent.
- Attend daily reviews to obtain feedback from supervisors.
- Work to improve knowledge of One Of Us’ Compositing pipeline.
- Work with production to create Compositing schedules and project targets.
- Work with the VFX/2D Supervisor to define the Compositing pipeline required for the show.
- Identify any additions or modifications to our existing toolset required to realise this pipeline.
- Supervise your compositing and that of others to maintain consistent shot quality and look.
- Report on the progress of the Compositing work on the show to the VFX Supervisor, with particular regard to the following:
1. If the team are meeting deadlines
2. Technical issues
3. Production issues
4. R&D requests
5. Team morale
- Experience with a high-level film based Compositing system using Nuke.
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG rendering and compositing.
- Strong understanding of the whole digital film pipeline.
- Proven technical and creative ability in a large feature-film or broadcast VFX production environment
- General understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems.
- Ability to take direction and structure working practices so that design changes can be efficiently made.
- Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging shots.
- Good team building, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of node-based compositing software
To apply please send your CV and showreel link to Ben Owen at email@example.com