IT Infrastructure Engineer
10 November 2017
Location: Pinewood Studios, Iver Heath, Bucks
Closing Date: 4 December 2017
The leading UK provider of payroll, production accounting and production management software Sargent-Disc, based at the famed Pinewood Studios, are looking for an experienced IT infrastructure engineer.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of Sargent-Discs' computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. This is a hands on role and they will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the company’s computing needs.
The successful candidate will have proven skills and professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Manage internal and external information technology and computer systems including :
- Microsoft AD and Terminal Services
- MySQL ,MSSQL and MaxDB databases
- IP Based PBX and phone system
- Microsoft IIS 7.5
- iSCSI SAN
- Clustered virtualized environment (based on Xenserver or Xen)
- Linux Servers (SAMBA / Apache / Hylafax / Wildfly / Jboss )
- Nagios Logserver
- Linux based pxe thin client systems
- System monitoring
- Mailserver (Zimbra collaboration suite)
- Maintain the company's DR infrastructure including performing scheduled testing
- Mentor IT staff development by coaching employees, communicating job expectations and with the CISO appraising their performance
- Working closely with the CISO and Directors to develop, implement and coordinate systems, and procedures
- Ensure systems and procedures conform to the company security policies including security of data, network access and backup systems
- Audit systems to identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Handle budgets as required and ensure cost effectiveness
- Ensure systems are available to meet company Service Level Agreement
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Experience with the systems detailed in the responsibilities section.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to support/manage personnel
- ITIL experience would be an asset
- Relevant professional qualifications a must
- Experience with container based environments would be advantageous
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum according to experience
Please email your CV with a covering letter detailing relevant experience and referencing the job description. Please also include the contact details for two referees should you be shortlisted for interview, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4 December 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted