VFX Compositing Supervisor
8 May 2019
Closing Date: 8 June 2019
Brownbag Films Manchester is looking for a 2D VFX/After FX Comp Supervisor to work on a new, high profile, 52x11 minute episode pre-school series for television. The right candidate will have, well established industry experience in 2D VFX and Compositing with recent connections with a 2D Visual Effects studio or VFX department. The VFX/Compositing Supervisor will play a significant role within the studio Pipeline and will be required to facilitate excellent lines of communications between multiple creative paths.
Department: Production/CG/Post production
This position is being offered on a full-time contract.
- Managing a team of After Effects compositors using both After Effects and Toon Boom Harmony
- Work closely with the Director to ensure consistency throughout post effects/compositing & production.
- Work closely with Toon Boom Technical Director to streamline scene transfer between Harmony & After Effects.
- Will be required to assist with After Effects compositing when necessary.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with Series Producer, Director and Animation Director on the production status and attend meetings as required.
- Promote and Facilitate effective communication regarding the compositing assignments between Art directors and Production Management, animation and Edit.
Key Requirements (Essential):
- 5+ years working in a VFX department, 2D animation or 2D VFX Studio utilising After Effects and the ADOBE Creative Cloud product family.
- Extensive experience in traditional visual effects for TV and or Animation, including recent supervision experience within a 2D VFX studio/department or compositing team.
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology
- An excellent artistic ‘eye’ with a solid understanding of composition, light and colour
- A strong multi-tasker and team player
- Possess a love of animation/film and VFX
Staff Management Responsibilities:
- Involvement in recruiting the 2D Comp artist team, attending interviews and selecting the best team for the project needs.
- Mentoring key artists in the team, providing advice and feedback for them both creatively as well as leadership support and guidance.
- Providing feedback for artist and production reviews, and support for their lead when conducting staff reviews.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills across all levels, strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within and inspire a team and also under own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
- Strong time management and organisation skills.
- Experience with staff management including hiring, reviews and providing consistent and constructive feedback, including some administration of performance reviews and staff mentoring.
- Understanding of a 2D Animation studio pipeline.
- Knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony.
- Knowledge of key Production databases and software - Shotgun, Premier, RV and Photoshop.
Please note that this opportunity is open to current residents of the UK who have the right to work in the UK and we will also consider those who wish to apply who are currently resident outside of the UK.
All offers are subject to successfully obtaining the right to work status in the UK.