In a post-lockdown film & TV world, are runners an outdated position to recruit for in post-production, VFX and animation?
The coronavirus pandemic has forced every part of the screen industry to adapt and re-assess the way things work, for clients, employers, and employees alike. Many aspects will never be the same again.
Post-production companies have been forced to downsize to reduce costs and to postpone recruitment. A blended model with people continuing to work from home alongside fewer on-premises sessions may be the future, but what will be the impact on entry-level jobs and the runner role in particular?
Can we find a better way of recruiting and training our future workforce?
The panel will include:
- Presenter: Tanya Rai – Freelance | Podcaster | Diversity, Events & Marketing in Broadcast
- Phil Attfield – VFX & Animation Partnership Director | NextGen Skills Academy
- Rowan Bray – Managing Director |Clear Cut Pictures
- Gareth Unwin – Head of Film & Animation | ScreenSkills
- Harriet Edge-Partington – Talent & Recruitment Manager | Union VFX
- Tom Morgan – Head of Client Services | ENVY
- Dr Eddie McCaffrey – Middlesex University
Further speakers to be added.
This webinar session is aimed at mid to upper-level management and decision makers in post-production, VFX, animation, education, and policy-making.More info