The Charity needs EVERYONE working behind the scenes in film, TV, and cinema to complete the 2022 Looking Glass Survey by Monday 18th July.
Anyone who takes the survey and provides their email, including those who have already done so, will be entered into a draw to receive one of the following:
- A pass to this year’s Edinburgh TV Festival
- A ticket to a future Royal Film Performance
- A Cineworld Unlimited Pass
Complete the 2022 Looking Glass Survey here.
With under two weeks to go until the closing date on 18th July, the Film and TV Charity is urging everyone in the industry to complete the 2022 Looking Glass Survey, with the announcement of incentives to increase engagement. Those who complete the survey and provide their contact details will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a pass to the Edinburgh TV Festival, a ticket to a future Royal Film Performance™ or a Cineworld Unlimited Pass. Those who have already completed the survey and provided their details will also be included in the draw.
The incentives are being offered in acknowledgement of the fact that survey fatigue, in combination with busy post-lockdown schedules, is having an impact on the number of survey completions compared to previous years.
As with previous iterations, insight from the 2022 Looking Glass Survey will be instrumental to the development of the Charity’s services, as well as for continuing to make the case for change to the wider industry. Data from previous surveys has led to the creation of the Charity’s Bullying Advice Service, the Whole Picture Toolkit for mentally healthy productions, and has helped to shape the financial support available to people working behind the scenes.
The survey also forms part of the Charity’s ongoing commitment to supporting mental health, tracking changes in attitudes, and spotting areas of improvement or decline.
The incentives include:
- Three-day pass to one of the most prestigious media events in the industry, The Edinburgh TV Festival. This year’s festival runs from 24th – 26th August and sees more than 60 keynotes, debates and masterclasses, plus scores of networking opportunities. Confirmed keynotes include Brian Cox, the star of multi-awarding winning series Succession, and a masterclass with the team behind BBC’s Ghosts.
- A ticket to a future Royal Film Performance. Previous performances have included Top Gun: Maverick, 1917 and Spectre.
Please note, the next Royal Film Performance is still to be confirmed and announced.
- Finally, Cineworld have offered an Unlimited Pass for a year, giving the holder access to as many films as they like, plus benefits such as discounts on cinema snacks, advance screenings and much more! Find our more here.
To ensure the survey is representative, the Charity is asking everyone working behind the scenes, from commissioners to camera operators, directors to cinema projectionists, and in every corner of the UK, to complete the survey and share it with their colleagues.
They especially want to hear from those from under-represented groups including:
- Black, Asian, and minority ethnic people
- People who identify as LGBTQIA+
- People with caring responsibilities
- Disabled people
Complete the survey now to be entered into the prize draw.