UK Screen Alliance liaises with the main skills body for our industry, ScreenSkills, formerly Creative Skillset, to direct funding into initiatives relevant to post-production and VFX.
The High-End Televison Skills Fund, which is administered by ScreenSkills, is funded by a voluntary levy paid by TV drama productions. UK Screen’s CEO, sits on the HETV Council and chairs the sub-group which decides priorities for Post and VFX funding, where there is a clear benefit to HETV production.
We have directed HETV funds towards the following programmes:
- HDR training delivered by Martin Parsons of Image Eyes
- Broadcast Quality Control training delivered by Martin Parsons of Image Eyes
- IMF Delivery – a primer on new versioning and delivery technology delivered by the DPP
- Leadership and Management training delivered by DV Talent
- Short courses on Blackmagic Resolve colour grading software
- Short couses on Avid Editing and Storage Management
- Return to Work Scheme delivered by Film London aimed at getting experienced people back into jobs after extended parental leave
- Client relationships and negotiation for Post & VFX training delivered by Angela Law of Everysense
- Secretariat support for the creation of the Post Production Technical Operator apprenticeship standard
- A tendering process to engage a prefered training supplier to deliver the Post Production Technical Operator apprenticeship
Where applicable, these training initiatives are made available for freelancers and company employees. Employers are expected to match fund the HETV contribution, but freelancers receive full funding. Applicants for the funds must be working in HETV or have strong and realistic aspirations of doing so.
These courses are popular so check for avaialbilty on our website or the ScreenSkills site. We notify our members of training opprtunities via our regular email newsletters.