The rebrand positions the company for an expansive future and coincides with the one year anniversary at Pinewood Studios, and joining the Cinesite group of companies.
Performance-led capture and virtual production studio Imaginarium Studios has unveiled its new brand identity. The new logo was designed by NCS Creative’s John Blas in partnership with Alex Hill, Imaginarium’s Business Development Manager. It simultaneously positions the studio for an expansive future, while honouring its legacy in bringing iconic characters, such as Guardians 3‘s Rocket and Marvel’s She Hulk, to life.
The opportunity for transformation was at the heart of the project. Our partnership with John, allowed us to get inside Imaginarium Studios and distil what matters most, capturing performances and bringing characters to life. We are proud to have built a clear vision for our growing studio.Matt Brown, CEO of Imaginarium Studios
The new visual identity rolls out through the logo, social media, a new website, merchandise, stationery and clothing for the crew on set. It retains the essence of the company by representing two key elements:
- The technical process of capturing a performance through spherical reflective markers on a performer, whose start and finish positions on set, are always a ‘T Pose’.
- The creative freedom through characterisation and movement, the figurative character featured within the logo can be presented in a static T-pose but also in motion idents giving light hearted examples of human motion interacting with the logo font. These idents hint at the vast flexibility that Imaginarium Studios provides to its clients.
Formed in 2012 by legendary actor and director Andy Serkis, the studio has its volumes based at Pinewood Studios outside London, UK, and also located at Trilith Studios near Atlanta, Georgia. The company is marking its one year tenure on the iconic Pinewood lot having moved onto the 820sqm N stage. This stage houses a performance capture volume of 10m x 14m, which is fully sound treated and allows for all types of capture including stunt work.
- Performance capture, including Metahuman Animator pipeline.
- Virtual production and camera tracking.
- Remote production and On-site capture.
- A variety of pre- and tech-viz production services.
- Pop-up LED wall with synced motion capture.
- Final quality audio recording on set.
- Casting and Stunt performance management.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, both in terms of the kinds of work we do and the types of clients we’re partnering with. We felt it was time to redefine our company with a solid reputation, impressive credentials and a truly unique legacy, and position it with a clear, strong identity for a new generation of gaming, film and TV, music and advertising clients.Alex Hill, Business Development Manager at Imaginarium Studios
Recent projects utilising Imaginarium Studios services are Napoleon, Guardians of the Galaxy VOL. 3, Haunted Mansion, Cyberpunk 2077, Alan Wake 2 and Stormzy’s Rockstar Energy Drink® digital in-app concert, which saw him performing some of the biggest hits from his number one album, “This is What I Mean” in an immersive virtual environment.